We have all been there when our rice just doesn’t come out the way we want it. You did what you always do but for some reason this batch was glued to the bottom, or really mushy.
How do you get that perfect, fluffy, light rice that leaves no mess behind in the pot? It’s so easy if you follow this Simple Rice Recipe.
Simple Rice Recipe
- Any style of medium to long grain white rice
- Rinse the rice 2-3 times to remove the starch (#1 pro tip!)
- Water to rice ratio always 1 rice : 1 1/2 water (This is the key to perfect rice!)
- Combine in a pot, cover and bring to a boil
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, keeping the lid on 10 minutes – done
PRO TIP! Add a tsp of Dry Brine and 1 tbsp of butter to the water when you start and you will thank me.
Rice is simple! Don’t complicate it.
Leave a comment