My one pot vegetarian pasta primavera was just made up today! I got a load of veggies from a CSA, had a box of lentil pasta (gluten free) and did it up. This was so easy, tasty and healthy I had to share.
For those of you that don’t know, CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. These are farm shares that you can buy into during the months that vegetables are growing. All over the country these exist and you might be surprised how many local farmers are nearby with CSA’s even in the city. It’s a great way to always have vegetables on hand to cook and to eat local and in season. Best of all you keep local farmers in business who typically farm sustainably and organic or close to organic.
I picked up this technique from a Turkish friend of mine who always cooked his meals in one pot, that’s it. He would just keep adding to it and adding to it, building the flavors as he went. I love doing this on nights when I want dinner to be easy but still packed with flavor and healthy.
This is also a great way to clean out your fridge and not let any of those vegetables you don’t know what to do with go to waste.
This dish is a one pot meal meant to be prepared with whatever pasta you like or have on hand and whatever vegetables are fresh and in season.
- 1 8 oz box of any gluten free pasta wheat pasta will work too
- 1 tbsp Dry Brine or any salt will do
- 4 Cloves of garlic sliced
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced green peppers
- 1 cup of fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
Yogurt Herb Sauce
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Pinch of G salt or any other salt
- fresh herbs to taste
- Fill a saucepan or pot with enough water to cover the pasta plus 4 cups and bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta, and cook for 5 mins. Turn heat to medium low. Then add the garlic, cook for 5 minutes then add the potatoes for another 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, followed by the rest of the vegetables. Let the sauce thicken to your liking. If it gets too thick you can always add more water.
Greek Yogurt Sauce
Add 2 cups of greek yogurt to a bowl. Whisk in the olive oil, garlic and a pinch of salt and stir. Blend the herbs in to taste. You can add as much or as little garlic and herbs you like. Season to taste
Serve the pasta in a bowl and top with a spoonful of the yogurt herb sauce and a drizzle of olive oil.
Leave a comment